Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our Most Recent Adventure

On Monday, Andy and I packed our selves into the car (Andy was not to thrilled about this after driving so much over the weekend) and headed to New Jersey. My friend Crystal Ross just had a baby, Lillie Anna, and her parents were in town. I wanted to meet the baby and visit with Crystal and her parents. I got to hold Lillie, who is a beautiful baby. She is so small (It is hard to remember that Andy was once so little). Andrew was very fascinated by her, and laughed as Robert and Rebekah ran by him. Then Cecilia, Terry, Robert, Rebekah, Andy and I hopped into Crystal's van to go pick apples (Crystal is still suppose to be taking it easy so her and Lillie stayed home). It was a beautiful sunny day, perfect for apple picking. The kids enjoyed picking apples, but I think the highlight of the day was the playground.


Andy and Rebekah chillin' in the stroller.


Robert is an expert apple picker, he kept up with with his grandpa quite well.


Rebekah posing for the picture. This may have been the only apple she picked.


Andy would not pick an apple from the tree.
He preferred the mushy one's off the ground...YUCK!


Andy following the kids to the playground on the dirt path around the orchard.

Robert is a great little climber!


Andy, Showing off his three pearly whites.
He loves to swing and screamed at me every time I tried to pull him out.


Andy was willing to share the swing with Rebekah, he evened clapped.

The view of the orchard from the playground.

More climbing!

Andy inspecting the pumpkins. He is becoming quite the pumpkin expert!

Everyone wanted their turn on the giant pig carved of wood. We bought our apples, pumpkins, pumpkin butter and cider doughnuts and headed back to Crystal's, with a quick stop at McDonald's to grab lunch. Andy was cranky as we walked back to the van and was strapped into the car seat...nothing a cider doughnut followed by a nap could not cure. Again it was a great day to spend with great friends!

1 comment:

dancjeans said...

I see all three of them. Wow, won't be long until he is eating steak.