Sunday, September 14, 2008

Old Ironsides

In honor of my fascination with the movie "Master and Commander", I thought that I would post some pictures of Julie and my visit to the USS Constitution in Boston. We went there with our friends David, Jana, and Breyton after my graduation from the US Navy's Officer Development School. We toured the 211 year-old ship and had a blast. The only thing that could have made it better was if they had let me fire a cannon; I guess I'll have to wait until I'm an admiral for that experience!



Here is Julie giving the order to fire. Beware a woman scorned (especially if she's pregnant)!



I think I cut a commanding figure; Russell Crowe better look out!



And here we are after the tour. We had a great time; it's too bad that I'll never be able to command it. Curse that rule about physicians being non-combatants!

1 comment:

The Lautaha's said...

JULIE!
You have a beautiful pregnant LOOK! I hope things are well! Miss you!