Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Butterscotch Pudding Fun!

Patrick has been living in Manhattan since the beginning of February for his surgery rotation at Beth Israel Hospital. We only get to see him on the weekends, when he is not on call that is. Both Andy and I really miss him. I have gained a lot of respect for single parents. It is not easy doing it on your own. Last Thursday (2/18) I was trying to get dishes done so that I could make dinner and Andy was not cooperating. So in a desperate effort to keep him occupied, I found a cup of Butterscotch pudding, sat him in his chair and gave it to him. He doesn't usually get dessert before dinner, but I needed him to be focused on something besides me. It worked!! A little too well. After just a few minutes of doing dishes I looked over to find Andy covered in Pudding. It made me smile and he was ecstatic.



By the end of the night the apartment looked like a tornado hit it .

Patrick just happened to have a meeting at Einstein that night so I got to see him for about an hour before he headed back. Andy was already in bed by the time the meeting got over. It was good to see him, even if it was brief.

2 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

I LOVE it!!! He is such a cutie and what fun! We're going to miss all the messes these little ones make someday! Ok maybe not the messes but I think we will defnitely miss having babies and toddlers around.

Ashley B. said...

I'm glad to see that you are having fun while Pat is off having his own "fun." We miss you guys!