The next big event in June for me was my commissioning as a Lieutenant in the United States Navy. I had already been an Ensign in the Navy Reserve for four years during medical school, so a bit of the newness of becoming an officer had already worn off. It still felt pretty good though. Before you know it, I'll be Captain Scarborough and people can talk to me with a salty pirate accent!
Swearing in as a newly minted Lieutenant, United States Navy. This is actually the sixth time I've sworn into the military. I guess I'll never learn!
Julie and Dad putting my Lieutenant shoulder boards on my uniform. I must say that they look pretty dang good on me.
Me and my beautiful wife. As you can see, Andy continued his habit of getting in on every picture possible.
Captain Scarborough, United States Army and Lieutenant Scarborough, United States Navy. Just think, Dad...in approximately five years I'll be a Lieutenant Commander and will outrank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment