Shortly after arriving here in the Bronx the bottled water that Patrick had bought earlier ran out. Now because Patrick had his Coke, he saw no need to travel to the local supermarket (PathMark) to buy more bottled water. I, on the other hand, felt that water is a basic necessity so I began drinking from the faucet. After all, it was free and we're supposed to be trying to save money during medical school. Patrick looked at me like I was crazy and said that he would watch me for a week or so and see if I exhibited any ill effects before he would drink from the tap. For about the first week I was fine, but then I started to feel a little ill. After exhibiting fatigue and a general malaise for about two weeks, Patrick and I decided that I should get tested to see what exactly was afflicting me. Sure enough I have contracted a parasite. While we have yet to see a physician concerning the matter, we are both pretty sure that we will feel the effects of this parasite for the rest of our lives. Our research indicates that the pathogen will be expelled from my body in several months, however, so there is no cause for alarm. Below are the results of the test.
Since Patrick finally began drinking water from the faucet several days ago, he is now absolutely terrified that he will contract this same parasite! Personally, I think he will be just fine ;)
4 comments:
Congratulations! I am excited for number 9 grandchild. Love to you both.
Hip hip hurrah! Congratulations. Now you'll have a New York baby, too. I think you should consider Bronx as a middle name, or some variation of...like Bronxton, or Bronxly or if it's a girl it could be MacBronx. The possibilities are endless! :)
We are highly considering MacBronx;) HAHA! Pat and I are still debating the issue.;)
YABADABBADOOOOOOOO!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU JULIE!
Post a Comment