Thursday, May 15, 2008

If At First You Don't Succeed...

...try, try again! As many of you already know, Julie and I have been trying to have a baby for over a year. Well, despite some bumps along the way, we can proudly proclaim that we are going to have a bright, fuzzy blob thing! We had the first ultrasound in mid-April. Initially, we thought that it resembled the creature from the Black Lagoon; after all, it had flippers.


The strong heartbeat reassured us, however, and we began to look forward to the first trimester check in mid-May. Julie's second ultrasound was today, and we can proudly say that the little parasite is developing normally and is due on November 23.



Julie is still quite sick in the mornings (and sometimes in the evenings), but we're so excited that we (meaning Pat) hardly care! Anyway, we are now taking guesses as to the sex of the baby...give us your opinion and we'll see who's right!

9 comments:

Malissa said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful picture of your baby to be. Good luck saying "no" to that cute pouty lip. Your baby's already working it.
love,
Missy

dancjeans said...

The first glimpse of life. How absolutely amazing. I'm feeling happy that a new grandchild is on the way.
G-ma Debbie

Erin said...

Yeah babies! Congrats. I'm thinking girl....

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! I'm guessing it's a boy. I am so happy for you guys. How cool for the little guy to be born in NY! I hope teaching school is going well over there!

Marcy said...

Congrats! Sorry you're sick-I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I can't wait to see you this summer! Be sure to take your folic acid (if you can keep it down!).

Spencer said...

My first guess is that it will be a boy. (My second guess is that it will be a girl.)

Austyn said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulation!! you will be such amazing parents- can't wait to meet your cute little baby!

The Lautaha's said...

WOOOHOOOO!!!! Congrats Julie!! I can already see that little one dancin' around in your belly--dancin' just like his or her mommy! So wonderful!! Keep us posted on how things are going!
Love you girly!

Joel and Crystal said...

Wahoo!!!!! We are so excited for you guys! Whether it's a boy or girl maybe we can have an arranged marriage with one of our kids! Hope you are feeling ok. Love you!