Friday, May 21, 2010

Puppy Love

The first half of this week I felt like a bad Mommy. Monday we spent all day doing laundry only getting outside for about a half hour. Then Tuesday it rained all day, I started feeling crummy with a cold, we had Donna over and again Andy only got to play for about a half hour. Although he did get to play in the rain and splash in some puddles for a few minutes before his bath and bedtime. By Wednesday I was really sick and poor Andy was stuck inside once again. Although I did mustered up enough energy to take him to the swings for about a half hour. I realized during these first three days of the week that my son needs to be outside for a good portion of the day. So Thursday even though I was still feeling the effects of my cold, we got up walked to Pathmark to buy some cold medicine (which I took before leaving the store), cough drops, tissue, water and snacks. We then proceeded to Pelham Bay Park for play group.

We met Sierra, Kelsie, and Jakie at the sand pits near the track. Jill, Bryn and Raphelle and then Tori and Molly joined us a few minutes later. Andy played with his bucket and shovel with his friend and cheers on the elementary school races that were occurring on the track. He even got to eat his first chocolate covered strawberry thanks to Raphelle, which were really yummy by the way! We walked over to the swings. When he was done with the swings I wiped his still chocolatey face and hands with a wet wipe and then gave him his apple to finish off. With the wet wipe and apple core in hand he walked over to the garbage can threw in the wipe, looked at his apple took one more bite and through it away too. I was so proud of him, I didn't even prompt him to do this. He then followed his BFF Bryn to the playground. He explored the playground mostly by himself, crawling through tunnels, up and down one or two steps, playing with steering wheels and all of the other playground toys. He would only come get me every so often when he wanted me to help him do something he saw a bigger kid do. He is getting so big and independent! He played until both him and Bryn looked like they could fall asleep at any moment, then we walked home.

Lately when I put him down to sleep he likes to spend time cuddling with two of his stuffed puppies, and one stuffed tiger. He likes to hug and kiss them and then gives them to me to hug and kiss. We play this for a little while and then I put him down, but he doesn't not like me to put the puppies or the tiger in the crib with him. I have tried a couple of times and he just gets mad and throws them out, so they sit on his dresser next to his bed. After his nap he wanted one of his puppies. He held the puppy as I carried him into the front room. He cuddled with the puppy for a while.

Then he went and got a diaper and laid it down next to the puppy. I asked him if he wanted me to put the diaper on his puppy. Shaking his head up and down, he said yes with a great big smile. So I put the diaper on. Then he went and got the Desitin and pretend to put it on his puppy. He then put the Desitin away and got a blanket which he proceeded to wrap around his puppy.



It then became apparent to Andy that puppy needed his nails cut. He went and got the clippers and took care of the task at paw.

Puppy only struggled a little bit.

Then it was time for a diaper change!

Good thing Andy was there to take care of that!

I love watching his imagination grow!

Today we got up and walked down past Pelham Bay Park and saw the horses. Sierra, Kelsie, Jake, Jill, Justin and Bryn met us there. All the kids really liked the horses. Andy enjoyed watching them walk around. He also like watching me pet the horses although he was too scared to try himself. He thought it was funny when they would shake their head and make the spitting noise with their lips. I was unable to take pictures but I will next time.

We then came home napped and then celebrated Patrick and his classmates finishing their third year of Medical school with a BBQ. Yeah!!!!! I am so proud of Patrick and all that he has accomplished this year. Now Andy and I, and Patrick's parents, siblings, niece and nephews get him for a whole week before we have to turn him over to his fourth year of medical school and his trama surgery rotation.

3 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

Very cute puppy pictures and stories! Enjoy your trip!

scarc91989 said...

YAY!!!!

Raphelle said...

Way to go for capturing those puppy moments! Simply adorable!