That evening we also had some friends over for dinner and dyeing Easter eggs. I wasn't sure how Andy would do but he caught on quickly to the procedure. He learned that the white egg is dropped into the cup, that hands are the easiest way to pull the egg out of the colored water, tummies are a great place to wipe off your hands, colored finger prints really add to the decor of an egg, the outside shell of a colored egg does not taste as good as it looks, and that the colored water, though pretty, also does not taste like candy due to the vinegar that mom added to make the colors brighter. Andy is very serious about his egg dyeing as you can see from the pictures but his squeals of joy let us know he enjoyed every minute! It was so fun to watch him. Maybe we will have to do this again just for the fun of it.
P.S. In the pictures where I am holding his arm, I am not guiding him or trying to stop him from doing anything. I actually was just being a paranoid mom and had my hand loosely on his arm in case he fell off the chair. He did just fine and didn't fall off once even when I wasn't holding him. ;)
1 comment:
I love the color on Andrew's tummy.
Thanks for sharing the pics:)
Post a Comment