Patrick and Andy at the start, (as you can see Andy didn't really run, he rode).
There was a good size crowd waiting to run the race.
Towards the end Patrick ran up ahead of us to get a picture as we crossed the finish line. Unfortunately someone ran right in front of us as he took the picture. This picture was posed. I run really slow. We crossed the finish line in 37 minutes, the time included two stops for Andy's sake. Water, food and a poopy diaper awaited us at the finish line. We found a spot on the grass to sit and stretch. Patrick went to gather food, while I took care of the poopy diaper. Patrick came back with no food! He said the line wasn't moving. So, being well trained at the art of gathering food at the end of races by a master, my father, I went on the task of food gathering. I realized that there really wasn't a line, you just had to approach the table and grab what you wanted. In minutes I had a bag with 2 oranges, 2 apples, 2 bagels, 2 muffins and three yogurts with spoons and napkins. My father would have been proud. We ate our picnic breakfast, and then headed to explore the zoo. One of Andy's favorite spots is the children's zoo. He is starting to know it and has a routine of things he likes to do.Step one, we visit the herons and crouch in the fake nest.
A picture of one of the herons.
Step two, we check out the prairie dogs.
"Hello prairie dogs!"
This one was posing for the camera.
"Hey prairie dogs, Look Over Here!"
Step four, climb up the stairs to the top of the slide. WEEEEEEEEEEE!
This slide actually is really fast and fun! We all went down several times.
We took some video of our sliding adventure.
Step five, climb into the turtle shell and sit until a bigger kid pushes you out.
Last we visit the farm animals.
This time Andy tried feeding the farm animals, he would throw the food pelts on the ground in front of the animals. We did coax him to letting one of the sheep eat out of his hand. He didn't like it very much. Enjoy the video.
We had a great time and plan to run next year too, if anyone wants to join us.
4 comments:
SO fun and I love Andy's routine in the children's zoo. WAY TO RUN PAT AND JULIE!!!
Really cute! I loved all the pics.
Regarding the run. Way to go!!
I am impressed. With the run and the bravery of Andy letting a sheep eat from his hand. I think I would scream too. And I am a farm girl!!!!!!
Ah! He's so cute (Andy). Way to go on the whole running a 5K. Love the slide videos too, it looks like it is really fast. Maybe next year, if I can, I can run with you guys as well.
Thanks for the update.
Love ya all.
Love, Cassie
Post a Comment