
The house that we are living at doesn't have internet and the school locks up pretty early about a half an hour after school is out all of the buildings are locked. So we head to the bell tower and try to link to a wireless connection in the area. There are a few families with wireless here. The only problem is that it gets cold and dark about a hour and a half after school and it is not a guaranteed connection and even if you get a connection you never know how long it will last.
I finally complained a bit to the principle so now he lets us in his office to work, which is nice because it is warmer and we can stay past dark. I will have to take a picture of us at the table in his office one of these days, this is about the most exciting thing we do right now, I have never spent so much time at the computer. Here are some pictures of the girls I am working with.

This is Ann she is my room roommate. I really don't know what I would do with out her and her computer expertise. She also was very prepared for our time here and has just about anything we need and forgot, except resources books for lesson planning which we all forgot. Ann is doing her Student teaching at the elementary School here, she is working with a fourth-fifth rate class and with the second graders learning Spanish.

This is Jane, she is also doing her student teaching at the High School, but in history. They have even put her in a beginning piano class since she has taught piano in the past. We always have tons to talk about after school as we try to figure out how to do everything they ask us to do. Maybe that will slow down next week when we have a more finalized schedule. We are suppose to meet with the academic director on Friday to finalize what classes we will want to take over and what classes they absolutely need us to do.
2 comments:
Wow, babe! Seeing those pics makes me appreciate my nice, cozy fireplace where I sit and surf the Net! You look amazing, by the way ;) - PAT
It would be nice to be able to surf the internet by the fire place. The Place where I am staying heats their house with wood burning stoves. It is nice, but no internet access;).
-julie
Post a Comment